I wonder if this is because of the rumored 4.1 update to BIS? RIM says its a connection switch problem that should have been unaffected with the use of a backup switch, but that didn't work either. Whatever it is, it couldn't come at a worse time for RIMM. They really got to plug this and FAST! People are already revolting.
The last update from RIM to carriers was this:
"Please see the latest update on the issue. There is still no resolution time available.
- The BlackBerry Support Team has identified a network connectivity issue between data centers and Support Teams are working on resolution of this now.
- BES email is recovering well.
- BIS email may be experiencing some delays in sending/receiving messages.
- BBM is impacted and many users are experiencing delays.
- BlackBerry Browsing may be impaired.
- The support teams are continuing to manage message queues and are performing controlled restarts of any affected components."