"Blood on his hands, hatred in his eyes: 2.30pm on a suburban high street, Islamic fanatics wielding meat cleavers butcher a British soldier, taking their war on the West to a new level of horror"
- Two men repeatedly stab and try to behead off-duty soldier in SE London
- During attack they shouted 'Allah Akbar' and told witnesses to film them
- Charged at police officers with rusty revolver, knives and meat cleavers
- Killing took place 200 yards from barracks and close to primary school
- Both men placed under arrest after being treated for gunshot wounds
- PM: Killing is 'sickening' and Britain will 'never buckle' in face of terror
LINK TO STORY